Our Sports Podiatrists at LifeCare Croydon are available for all your sporting, biomechanical and general foot care needs. Many of the lower limb and foot injuries that appear in sports podiatry are the result of abnormalities in bio-mechanics (the way our physical structure of our bodies works). This can result in persistent pain in the lower limbs and can often be the result of overuse or sudden injury.
Before a treatment program can be devised, we need to asses you, your feet and your lower limbs. During your initial consultation we will:
- Assess you based on your history and previous injuries
- View your foot and lower limb pathology
- Examine your current footwear
- Assess your lower limb alignment and bio-mechanics (how your legs and lower body moves and function during activity).
- Put you through a comprehensive biomechanical video GAIT analysis (on the treadmill). This assessment allows the sports podiatrist to view how your feet touch the ground and move while walking and running. It also allows us to devise a better treatment plan and to correct imbalances with better accuracy to help alleviate pain, discomfort and improve performance (seen above)
From this, our sports podiatrist will discuss and develop a treatment or injury prevention plan personalised for you that will help get you back performing at your best and help you prevent any injuries from re-occurring in the future. We want to help our patients recover as quickly but safely as possible and reduce their chance of re-injuring themselves again. This is done in a NORMAL consultation and NO REFERRAL is required.
Other service offered by our podiatrists include:
- Provision of individualised footwear additions, and custom or ‘off the shelf’ orthotics when appropriate
- General foot care
- Diabetic foot care
- Nail surgery e.g. ingrown nails
- Fungal nail laser therapy (see other page for further detail)
- Footwear advice e.g. Active Feet -Heathmont
Podiatrists are able to refer for general x-ray, ultrasound and MRI scans to aide in diagnosis if required and often refer to other allied health professional e.g. physiotherapy if a multi-disciplinary treatment regime is required.
Call us on 03 9725 2444 to book an appointment with one of our experienced podiatrists or book online by clicking below.